Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back to life...

Back to reality
Back to the here and now, yeah.


That song by Soul II Soul was one of my favorites in college. It has nothing to do with this post, but it does sum up how I've felt this week.


I'm not even totally sure what happened to me. I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized the first 18 days of March are gone! HOW did that happen?! I've been busy with some extra responsibilities. I've been consumed with decisions about school for next year. The kids have been finishing up some classes at the park district. And we've basically just been so happy about the warmer weather that we've been trying to get outside as much as possible.


I knew I was way behind on my photo blog, but I couldn't believe I had not updated it one time the entire month. I will admit, I had decided to quit with the daily photos. I missed several days, which made me feel like a failure, and I really didn't want to do it if I couldn't keep my resolution to take a photo every day.


But then, a nice friend e-mailed to ask me if I was still alive. I guess the encouragement of just one person who noticed I was MIA was enough to make me realize I really do enjoy taking the daily photos and I shouldn't give up just because I missed a few days.


So, I updated all but a few of the first 18 days of March. I'm not sure what to think about the daily photo project. On the days when we really do something fun, I often forget my camera. So, most of the photos are just quiet little moments I have captured around the house. I guess that's OK. Maybe it's a better snapshot of our lives than the skating lessons and the gymnastics class and the family fun night at JumpZone that I missed.


If you are interested in what's been going on around here, check it out. The baby has been entertaining us. I've been making crafty stuff for a women's event. We've been reading some good books and playing outside.

And who knows. Maybe I'll get back to some real blogging here soon.





dec2010emily

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails