Monday, April 16, 2012

The cake that will change your life

A few months ago, I went out to dinner with a bunch of ladies to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. When dinner was done, our waiter surprised us with a big chocolate cake. However, this was no ordinary chocolate cake.

One of the ladies had snuck into the restaurant early and asked the waiter to bring it out at the appropriate time. This friend also just happens to be a professionally-trained chef. The cake was beautifully decorated with fondant roses and perfectly frosted. But I'm not sure if it was the beauty of the cake or the amazing smell that first caught my attention.

Once I took a bite of the cake, I realized I had just tasted the best. chocolate. cake. ever.

Now, if you have been reading this blog for a while, you probably know that I am prone to exaggeration and sarcasm. But let me just tell you that I am being 100 percent serious when I say that this cake will change your life!

We all assumed that our master chef friend must have some highly confidential secret recipe she used to create this unbelievable dessert. We weren't sure if she was serious when she told us we could find the recipe right on the back of the Hershey's cocoa container.




Sure enough. I went home the next day and couldn't stop thinking about that cake. I went to the store for some Hershey's cocoa and made it myself. The cake is incredibly moist, which I think has something to do with the 1 cup of boiling water you pour into the batter.

But it's the frosting that puts it over the top. If you ever make this cake, make SURE you also make the frosting.

I'm not going to type up the recipe because you have to buy the container of Hershey's cocoa to make the cake and you will find the recipe right there on the back.



You are probably wondering how this cake is going to change your life. Fortunately, I'm here to tell you:


  • Even if you normally don't like cake, you will find yourself craving this chocolate cake.
  • If you are already a chocolate cake lover, others will pale in comparison. Even when people offer you Portillo's chocolate cake, you will be thinking about how much you want the Hershey's cake. 
  • If you normally can consume a really big piece of cake, you will find that this cake is so rich you can't even finish an average slice.
  • This cake could increase your popularity. People will want to become friends with you just so you will make them THE chocolate cake for their birthdays.



So, think carefully before you make this cake. Can you handle your life being so radically changed? While you're thinking about it, I'll be baking. Let me know if you want to be my new best friend.



aug2011emily

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails