Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving day

I love Thanksgiving. It's the one holiday where there is no expectation to really do anything. Except eat. And taking a nap is totally acceptable. In between eating and napping, one can rest. And then, of course, there's always the option of sitting around and doing nothing.

I'm so thankful for the time spent with family during a highly unproductive day.

After a huge breakfast, the kids spent the morning with cousins. The boys had an air hockey tournament while the girls put on a fashion show.


We all spent lots of time being entertained by our almost 1-year-old. It's so hard to believe she wasn't even born this time last year! Little Miss Social loves all of the time surrounded by new people.



I've never been into shopping on Black Friday. I just can't think of anything I want that would be worth interrupting a night of sleep, going out in the cold and standing in line. But cyber shopping? I can do that! I spent a few hours browsing the virtual aisles and got some great deals.

Don't I look totally excited from the experience?


After a nap and more time sitting around, it was time for the Thanksgiving feast.



We burned off a few calories by playing Just Dance on Wii.

Even grandma got in on the action.

After all that hard work, we needed some pumpkin pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm so thankful for all of my family and friends, both real life and virtual! What was your favorite part of the day?


Don't miss a post. Subscribe in a reader!

Get everydayMOM in your Facebook news feed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails