Wednesday, December 31, 2008

chicken enchilada soup

Happy New Year's Eve! I know I should be posting something really profound about goal setting right now... Actually, I have a top secret tip for achieving a goal that I plan to post a little later... maybe today or tomorrow.

But right now, it's the first installment of Monday Morning Cooking Club! It's not Monday. It's not morning. And it's not a club! And that's what makes it so much fun.

What is your favorite recipe that you can make right off the top of your head (no cookbook), and it always turns out great?!?

I'm pretty proud that I made up a recipe recently and it actually turned out to be really tasty! I made it for dinner tonight and snapped some photos so I could post them on MMCC.


How can you really go wrong with a dish that includes cheese, sour cream and Fritos? Really? That's pretty much a great recipe even with nothing underneath it, right?

I'm calling this Chicken Enchilada Soup. Here's a picture of what it looked like before I put all the toppings on it.


Here's how to make it:

Cook two chicken breasts with some southwest seasoning. I used 1 tablespoon of the seasoning from Homemade Gourmet, but whatever you can find will work. I like to cook the chicken in the crockpot with the seasoning and some water, just to let it really soak up some flavor.

In a big pot, combine one can of diced tomatoes, one can of tomato sauce, one can of chili beans and one can of corn (drained). Bring that to a boil. Cook for about half an hour. Add the cooked chicken.

Serve with cheese, sour cream and Fritos. Yum!

Now, would you be so kind as to share with me your super simple recipe?? I would love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love that recipe with the bowtie pasta, chicken and bacon. That's an easy one that my family always loves! I just add Olive oil, basil and parmesan cheese.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I can't think of any recipes like this. Maybe my "chili not like the last time." Which is not making chili the same way I made it the last time. Mostly because I didn't have the same ingredients that I had the last time.

Thank goodness it's not Monday morning!!

Anonymous said...

esydpxerzjqwduzcpzjrv. acne treatment
ktwipy

Related Posts with Thumbnails