Monday, December 29, 2008

earth-shattering news

Oh my, oh my... Do I have some exciting news right here at the everydayMOM blog. You are gonna want to get out your planners right this very second and right this down on your list of things to do because you do NOT want to miss this.

You see... I spent five hours in the minivan on Sunday, trying to block out the sound of Hong Kong Phooey, the complete series playing on the DVD player, trying not to eat too many twizzlers and begging my husband's Blackberry to PLLLEASSSSE find an Internet connection so I could find out the date of the LOST season premiere. Apparently, the entire network was undergoing some sort of maintenance because we could not get a signal for 360 miles.

Anyway, without access to the Internet, my husband and I were forced to actually talk in real life. OK... you know I'm kidding. I am NOT that bad. Really.

We did, of course, talk about the Internet, though. And we came up with some unbelievable, award-winning, set-the-blogging-world-on-fire ideas that I will be writing about here on everydayMOM.

Remember back when I posted that little question asking da-bode-a-yas (that's slang for "the both of you", and since I regularly have around two readers a day, it fits!) if you thought I should have a theme for my blogging. And da-bode-a-yas, plus a couple of others, all said, "NO WAY! Keep it random!"

Well... I listened. And that's why I can't wait to start writing about these completely NOT THEME-Y, absolutely random topics.

One will be Fashion Friday. This will only occur on Fridays, if by chance, I come up with something fashion-worthy to write about that day of the week. Otherwise, it's going to be whatever day it happens to be. The first post in this series, will address... THE boots. (What ELSE?!?!) I cannot wait to fill you in on all of the news involving THE NEW FURRY boots.

Then there's going to be the Monday Morning Cooking Club. Again. Could be on Monday. Could be in the morning. Maybe not. Don't want to be too theme-y. Just keepin' it random.

This will probably happen about once every month or less when I actually have a good, new recipe to share. But make sure you get out YOUR favorite recipes, because I'm going to ask you what you're making for dinner. And if you want to tell me any other time, regardless of whether it's Monday Morning Cooking Club day, please go right ahead.

And finally... finally... finally... I cannot WAIT to start the LOST episode weekly review. The Season 5 Premiere is Jan. 21. I hope, hope, hope that da-bode-a-yas like to watch LOST so you can participate in this little discussion after the show.

I realize this might have been more excitement than you could possibly handle this morning, but I just HAD to fill you in on all the fun that is in store.

Now, get yourself out there and have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Great! I love to read about fashion (cuz to this day, I still have none!)and I love a great new recipe. The Lost? Well, let's just say I'm gonna have to do some Netflix to catch up with season five. You see, I've got a ridiculous fear of flying, so anything involving a plane crash, well I try to stay away from that. I have watched a few episodes because Matthew Fox it just too cute to not stop and watch. Am I right?!

everydayMOM said...

I am right there with ya on that fear of flying! I had absolutely no interest in watching such a hokey show... especially one involving a crashed airplane... until a friend told me how much she loved it. She loaned me Season 1 on DVD and I was hooked! Now LOST is really the only thing I watch on TV. I'm sure there are some other really good shows out there, but one obsession is enough for me! I hope I can drag you into it somehow! That's half the fun!!

Anonymous said...

I like to watch The Closer on TNT. It's a short season, usually in the summer, but I think it's going to start again in January, just like LOST!
I'll get on Netflix right now and order up some LOST!

Anonymous said...

My son just told me that I must also admit to faithfully watching reruns of The OC when I get home from work. Hey, it's a fluffy show that makes me giggle...you can't go wrong with that after a long four and one half hour day at the office!

everydayMOM said...

You are such a smarty! I wouldn't even know where to begin to order up a TV series on NetFlix. I am so behind the times when it comes to television and movies.

I'll have to check out your suggestions. Please let me know as soon as you have started your Lost viewing! I can't wait to hear how you like it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails